Spencer Pratt has dropped another “fresh” campaign ad, parodying his own move to Bel-Air while poking fun at reports about his living situation.
In the roughly minute-long spot, the reality-TV-star-turned-mayoral candidate is seen driving a trailer into the affluent neighborhood of Bel Air — after it was reported that he was not actually living in the airstream trailer, but instead staying at the Hotel Bel-Air.
“Now, this is a story all about how my life got turned upside down, and I had to take a minute to run for mayor. I’ll tell you how he became the prince of a town called Bel-Air,” the video opens, as Pratt — dressed in a gray suit — stands in front of a sign reading, “No More BS, Pratt for Mayor.”
“In West Los Angeles, Palisades, my backyard is where I spent most of my days, feeding hummingbirds, relaxing all cool, avoiding all the bones outside of a school, when a couple politicians who were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood,” he continues, as sweeping shots of Bel-Air flash across the screen.
The ad is a clear nod to actor Will Smith and the iconic opening theme of his sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” — swapping out basketball courts for campaign slogans, and mansion-lined streets for political attacks.
Pratt also used the moment to lash out at incumbent Mayor Karen Bass after reports surfaced that he was staying at the luxury hotel following the loss of his home in the deadly Palisades Fire.
“Hey guys, why don’t they wanna talk about why I need a hotel in the first place?” Pratt wrote on X. “Karen Bass let my home burn down. Also 6,000 of my neighbors.”
Pratt announced his run for mayor in early January during a “They Let Us Burn” rally held around the one-year anniversary of the wildfire, which destroyed more than 18,000 structures, including his home.
Standing amid the charred remains of the neighborhood he once called home, Pratt wore a black T-shirt reading “Pacific Palisades.” His wife Heidi Montag told The California Post she was “extremely proud” of her husband.
“The system in Los Angeles isn’t struggling, it’s fundamentally broken,” Pratt told the crowd. “It is a machine designed to protect the people at the top and the friends they exchange favors with while the rest of us drown in toxic smoke and ash. Business as usual is a death sentence for Los Angeles, and I’m done waiting for someone to take real action. That’s why I am running for mayor. And let me be clear, this isn’t just a campaign — this is a mission, and we’re gonna expose the system.”
Since then, Pratt has gained traction online, especially with his campaign videos — particularly the AI-generated clips — which have racked up millions of views across social media.
The former reality TV star recently polled at 22% support, according to the latest Emerson College survey.
The independent candidate trails only Bass, who received 30% support, while Democratic City Councilmember Nithya Raman came in third with 19%.
The Emerson poll, conducted May 9–10, found all three candidates gaining momentum as undecided voters begin making their choices ahead of the June 2 primary.
Download The California Post App, follow us on social, and subscribe to our newsletters
California Post News: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, YouTube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn
California Post Sports Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, X
California Post Opinion
California Post Newsletters: Sign up here!
California Post App: Download here!
Home delivery: Sign up here!
Page Six Hollywood: Sign up here!


