This “may or may not be” it for Tiger Woods at the U.S. Open.

At a press conference after missing the cut at the major at Pinehurst No. 2, the 48-year-old was non-committal about returning to the U.S. Open, remaining cagey about his future.

“I’ve only got one more tournament this season,” Woods said. “Just one more event, and then, I’ll come back whenever I come back.

He later added: “As far as my last Open Championship or U.S. Open Championship, I don’t know what that is. It may or may not be.”

Woods has had an uneven year in terms of performance, but he’s also battled injury.

Woods was still dealing with injuries ahead of the Masters earlier this year stemming from his high-profile car accident in 2021, which nearly left him needing an amputation of his leg.

He underwent surgery on his ankle following an early exit at last year’s Masters and has been limited in action since.

So far this year, he’s already missed the cut at the PGA Championship and now has missed out on the weekend rounds at the U.S. Open.

The last time Woods made the cut at the U.S. Open was in 2019 at Pebble Beach — which is the only time he’s made it in the last 10 years.

“[It’s] frustrating. I’m not here for the weekend,” Woods said Friday. “Granted, my ball-striking and felt like my putting was good enough to be in contention, and I’m not. Yes, it is frustrating because I’m not here to have a chance to win on the weekend.’’

Share.
2024 © Network Today. All Rights Reserved.