A “toxic chemical” deliberately dumped on the ice rink outside the Trump-Kennedy Center “severely damaged” the surface and forced the cancellation of a performance, furious administration officials said Friday. 

“Trump-Kennedy Center was targeted today in a malicious act of vandalism,” Roma Daravi, the vice president of public relations for the Washington, DC, venue, wrote on X.  

“Our outdoor plaza was doused with a toxic chemical and severely damaged,” Daravi continued. “We will not tolerate violence or hate at America’s cultural center. 

“Authorities are investigating and those responsible will be held accountable.” 

Images of the aftermath provided to The Post show a gallon-sized jug sitting in the center of a dark substance that appeared to be spreading across the ice rink. 

It’s unclear exactly what the brownish-black chemical used by the vandal, or vandals, is. 

The incident took place early Friday morning and is being investigated by US Park Police.

It was first reported by Fox News.

The ice rink had been installed by Le Patin Libre, a Canadian artistic skating company slated to perform at the venue through Sunday. 

The vandalism forced the cancellation of the company’s Friday night performance. 

The Trump-Kennedy Center is “working feverishly” to repair the damage with the hope that the rest of the company’s weekend performances can go on as scheduled, Daravi told The Post.

“This is so sad & unnecessary,” Richard Grenell, the president of the Trump-Kennedy Center, wrote on X. 

Grenell went on to  accuse Democrats of calling artists and “urging them to cancel” and “attacking the Center non-stop.”

“It’s a calculated campaign,” he fumed. “And now they have mentally unstable people taking action — and vandalizing the Center.”

Grenell said the iconic performing arts venue has received “serious death threats and constant harassment,” and he urged “Commonsense Democrats” to “speak up before this violence takes a life.” 

The center has faced a flurry of performance cancellations in recent months in response to President Trump’s move to oust former leadership and affix his name to the venue’s facade. 

Earlier this month, Trump announced the venue would be closing for two years, beginning on July 4, to undergo massive renovations.

Share.
Exit mobile version