George Soros boasted he’s giving $30 million to groups fighting antisemitism and other bigotry, but critics say the far-left billionaire is largely response for the hate surge because of the radical anti-Israel causes he supports.
Alex Soros, who oversees Open Society Foundations on behalf of his 95-year-old billionaire father, insisted in a May 13 video that the powerful grant-making network’s new funding initiative will go towards fighting antisemitism and anti-Muslim hate over the next three years.
“This investment is about keeping people safe and pushing back against hate,” he said.
The younger Soros also claimed on X that his father — a Hungarian-born Jew and a Holocaust survivor who has shelled out more than $15 million to groups who orchestrated pro-Palestinian protests following Hamas’ Oct. 7, 2023 attack on Israel – “has been a target of antisemitism his whole life.”
Critics aren’t buying it.
“George Soros uses his Open Society Foundation to indirectly fund the anti-Israel protests and encampments on college campuses,” said Joel Petlin, superintendent of the Kiryas Joel School District on X.
“For Alex Soros to now complain about his father being the ‘target of Antisemitism’ is the textbook definition of the word ‘chutzpah.’”
State Assemblyman Kalman Yeger (D-Brooklyn) said, “The Soros family claiming they will fight antisemitism is like the arsonist showing up with an empty fire extinguisher.”
The foundation’s announcement marks its most visible campaign since the U.S. Department of Justice last year said it is considering possible charges against Open Society Foundations.
President Donald Trump also singled out George Soros in September when he ordered the FBI to crack down on what he called “left-wing terrorism” — an accusation the grant network has denied while emphasizing its mission is to strengthen democracy.













