FCC chair denies censoring Colbert interview, confirms probe into ABC’s ‘The View’

The chair of the Federal Communications Commission on Wednesday denied the government had censored CBS Late Show host Stephen Colbert from airing an interview with a Democratic US Senate candidate and confirmed that the FCC is investigating ABC’s “The View.” FCC Chair Brendan Carr said Colbert could have run his interview with Texas State Representative James Talarico, a Democrat running for the Senate, if the Late Show complied with equal time rules by airing interviews with competing Democrats or choosing not to air the interview in Texas. Talarico said President Trump’s FCC had tried to censor the interview and “banned” him from the broadcast. The Republican-led FCC said last month…

Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon, once a crypto skeptic, now says he owns Bitcoin

Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon, long a cryptocurrency skeptic, disclosed Wednesday that he personally owns a small amount of Bitcoin. Speaking at the World Liberty Forum at President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Fla., the exec described his crypto holdings as “very little, but some” Bitcoin. The 64-year-old Wall…

Democrats plot boycott of Trump’s State of the Union address with lefty rally

WASHINGTON — Democrats are plotting to boycott President Trump’s State of the Union address next week and host an alternative rally instead after being widely panned for their rowdy behavior during his marquee speech last year. Dubbed the “People’s State of the Union,” multiple Democrats are planning to assemble on the…

Judge rejects Live Nation bid to toss feds’ lawsuit alleging Ticketmaster’s monopoly on live concerts

A federal judge on Wednesday rejected Live Nation Entertainment’s bid to dismiss a lawsuit by the federal government and many states accusing the company of illegally trying to dominate the live concert industry. The decision by US District Judge Arun Subramanian cleared the way for a possible antitrust trial in Manhattan federal court, with jury selection…

World Cup ticket applicants surpasses astronomical figure: FIFA official

The number of soccer fans formally seeking a ticket to this year’s World Cup is now approaching one billion. Ross McCall, the FIFA World Cup 2026 Executive Director of Commercial Operations, told The California Post on Wednesday they’ve now officially received over 500 million applications for seats to games at…

Amtrak to restore Albany-New York service, avoiding years of commuter chaos

Amtrak will restore service between the city’s Penn Station and Albany in early March – avoiding what riders and officials would mean years of commuter chaos. Some Big Apple-to-Albany trips have been suspended since last May because of an ongoing project to rehab the Hurricane Sandy-damaged East River Tunnel, sending…

Costco accused of deceiving shoppers over popular  rotisserie chickens

Some Costco customers are crying fowl over the big-box chain’s popular $4.99 rotisserie chickens, saying they contain preservatives in spite of the company’s claims to the contrary, according to a new lawsuit. Two California-based people say Costco “has systematically cheated” consumers “out of tens — if not hundreds — of…

Mercedes-Benz CEO rejects Trump admin pitch to move headquarters to US: report

The chief executive of German automaker Mercedes-Benz reportedly rebuffed the Trump administration’s offer to relocate company headquarters to the United States. Ola Källenius told German-language publication The Pioneer that Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick made the pitch about moving Mercedes’ HQ last year. Källenius told Lutnick that while the company was…

Amazon axes 16,000 more jobs as companies keep replacing workers with AI

Amazon’s latest round of layoffs is set to hit 16,000 corporate employees starting Wednesday — with the tech titan suggesting artificial intelligence will do their work, instead. The firings come after Amazon said in October it was laying off 14,000 corporate workers, with the goal of trimming its 1.58 million-strong…

LA Galaxy acquire new star forward for upcoming season

The LA Galaxy didn’t just make a signing — they made a statement on Tuesday.  The sleeping giants of Major League Soccer acquired Brazilian forward João Klauss from St. Louis CITY SC in a $2.375 million cash-for-player deal, that gives the five-time MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy a crucial Designated…

Markets

More
More forecasts: Weather 30 days Sydney